It is no secret that the labour-hire industry is growing. With the rise in outsourcing and temporary employment, it is more important than ever for companies to have a CRM tool to help manage their clients. Let’s uncover some of the reasons why labour hire companies need a CRM tool:
Why introduce a CRM to your labour-hire company?
A customer relationship management (CRM) system is a must-have for any labour-hire company that wants to manage clients efficiently. A CRM tool helps labour-hire companies keep track of client relationships, including contact information, communication history, and project details. It also provides a central location for storing essential documents, such as contracts and client requirements (SOP’s).
With a CRM system in place, labour-hire companies can easily track client interactions, identify potential sales opportunities, and manage their business more effectively. As a result, a CRM system is an essential tool for any labour hire company that wants to manage its client relationships successfully.
Benefits of having a good CRM System
If you run a labour-hire business, then you know how important it is to keep track of your clients, employees, and job orders. Business Operational CRM software can help you do just that. Here are 5 benefits of having a CRM software in your labour-hire business:
- Keep track of your clients’ contact information, project history, and job orders in one place.
- An operational CRM helps facilitate business processes and centralise client engagements, customer support, and marketing tasks.
- It provides service automation that connects clients and client relations managers and other employees that attend to clients’ needs.
- An operational CRM also helps monitor whether clients’ requirements are met by your team.
CRM software is an essential tool for any labour-hire business looking to improve efficiency and organisation. Investing in a good CRM will pay off in the long run by saving you time and money.
Tips to choosing the best CRM for your business
With so many options on the market, it can be tough to choose the right CRM system for your business. Here are a few tips to help you make the best decision:
- First, consider your business’s needs. What kind of information do you need to track? Do you need an advanced system with features like job tracking and client management? Or would a simpler system suffice?
- Investing in an efficient CRM system creates a positive impact on a labour hire company’s workflow. What can you gain from using a CRM tool? It helps simplify the process of managing clients. It helps get tasks done faster allowing you to focus on other core tasks such as generating leads, preparing proposals, monitoring bids, etc.
- Finally, ask around for recommendations. Talk to other labour hire businesses and see what CRM systems they use. They may have insights that you didn’t consider.
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to choose the best CRM system for your business.
Cerely’s CRM feature is the ideal choice
If you’re looking for an Operational CRM tool to help you manage your business and workforce, Cerely is your end-to-end solution. With its powerful features, Cerely removes the need for multiple subscriptions and provides you access to all client’s and workforce information and requirements in one place, making informed decisions and providing tailored solutions to your clients’ and workforce needs.
Cerely allows managers to handle business tasks, client and workforce profiles all in one system. With Cerely, you can store important data such as:
- Clients & Sites Profiles
- Contact Profiles and contact details
- Employees and Contractors Profiles
- Subcontractors Profiles
- And more
Moreover, the platform is constantly being updated with new features, such as electronic registers and reporting, so you can always be sure that you’re using the latest and greatest technology to run your business. If you’re serious about providing outstanding service to your clients, then Cerely is definitely worth considering.
Get in touch with us to learn more about how Cerely’s CRM feature works.